Phew!!! I’ve done with my annual report – that was crazy! I had supervisors read through it to check it & they asked ‘Where are all your ‘the’ ‘were’ ‘was’ words?’ I don’t know how I managed to but I left LOADS out!!!??
Never mind, that’s all done so now I can do some cardmaking!!!!
I’ve always wanted to make a shaker card, but never had the bits required to put one together. I got some doodlebug design sequins on Amazon, I have some adhesive foam and some acetate & I thought, ‘no time like the present’!
I stamped a few of the Mama Elephant ‘Cosmic Stars’ Pisces stamps on white card stock, coloured them with Pumpkin and Bright Orange Promarkers, then fussy cut them.
So, I used the largest of the Spellbinders ciricles dies I have to die cut the self-adhesive foam and removed the inner circle to make a circular cut-out frame for my shaker. i cut a piece of acetate to 12 cm x 12 cm, then put it aside. I cut an 11 cm x 11 cm piece of Pool Party card stock (SU!) and stamped the coral stamp from the ‘By The Tide’ stamp set (again SU!) in Gumball Green ink, then adhered the foam boarder on top so the coral was nicely framed.
I put the fishes & some sequins in ‘Swimming Pool’ in the apeture, then added some double sided tape around the edge of the foam frame, then I stuck the acetate over the top to make my shaker element.
For the front of the card I cut some SU! Lost Lagoon card stock to 14 cm x 20 cm, then, using the same Spellbinders circle die as for the shaker frame I cut out an apeture where I wanted the shaker to be, and this card will go over the top of the shaker element. Unfortunately, I think I could have done this better because trying to line up the apeture in the card with the foam window was a nightmare!! So, eventually I was happy with the way it had lined up, and I stuck the card to the 12×12 acetate, only to find I had the shaker element wonky & there was some acetate sticking up out of the top of the card, so I trimmed that & I hope the recipient doesn’t notice!!
For the sentiment I used a clear stamp alphabet set I have, I don’t have the cardboard back it came with so I have no idea what manufacturer it’s by though! So I used the largest Waltzingmouse stitched tags die to work out the placement of my sentiment, stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink & then ran it through my Big Shot. The reinforcers are Lost Lagoon card stock to bring in the tag to the rest of the card, the ribbon is Pool Party that came as the Sycamore Street embellishments set that was only available for a limited time. I don’t know if you can tell from the pictures, but I put some Wink of Stella White (GL.WHITE 000) around the edge of the tag for some birthday sparkle.
I adhered the tag to the Lost Lagoon with 1 mm foam dimentionals, then adhered the Lost Lagoon with 3 mm foam dimentionals to the cream A5 card base. I thought the Lost Lagoon looked a bit plain, so I adhered some Mother of Pearl button mix by Tilda buttons to the front with some Glossy Accents, just to add some interest.
STOP PRESS!!!!! As I have used a Waltzingmouse die I am eligible to enter the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge, this fortnight the theme is ‘Birthday/Anniversary’ because the Challenge Blog has been going for one year. This fortnight there is a prize for the top card – a ‘Fine Feathers’ stamp and die sets!!!!! If you would like to win this fantastic prize, just head on over to the WMFC blog & make something with a Waltzingmouse stamp, die or digi (there are even FREE digis HERE so you don’t need to already own Waltzingmouse stamps to enter & be in with a chance of winning!!) Get crafting & good luck!