This card involved lots of elements! I was hoping to enter it in the February Lilli of the Valley Monthly Challenge, but I finished it too late…

My Mum simply adores gardening, so even though the stamp used is one of the boys from Lilli of the Valley, it always makes me think of her!

Mother's Day 2014 LotV

First of all I die cut the Cheery Lynn ‘Victorian Picket Fence’ B123 die from some brown 12×12 Core d’nations cardstock. Then I created another easle card from a square kraft card. I attached the fence to the bottom panel of the easle card with small foam dimentional pads, and it will hold the top portion in place.

Next I die cut the Cheery Lynn words ‘Happy’ B226, ‘Mother’s’ B232 and ‘Day’ B236 from orange 12×12 Core d’nations cardstock. I attached the words on top of the fence die with Quicky glue pen (really quite fiddly!!).

Mother's Day 2014 easel

I had stamped the ‘Vegetable Patch‘ stamp from Lilli of the Valley at the same time as I made the “Fields of Gold” card – see previous post. I die cut both of them using the Spellbinders labels die and started colouring them with Promarkers at the same time too, but when it became obvious I wouldn’t get both cards done in time I concentrated on Fields of Gold, so I did a little finishing off with the Promarkers.

Because the image has flower pots in it I wanted to die cut some more to tie it in with the rest of the card, so I used the Memory Box ‘Garden Pots‘ and ‘Wonderful Watering Can‘.

Next came the most fiddly bit! I stamped Waltzingmouse Stamps ‘Vintage Garden Seed Packet‘ frame on kraft paper twice with VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink. Then I stamped the frame again on a post-it note, making sure the bottom of the image would be over the ‘sticky bit’ of the note. I fussy cut out the window of the frame to create a mask and placed it carefully over a frame on the kraft paper. Then I inked up the carrots from the ‘Vintage Garden Produce‘ set and stamped over the top of the mask.

Seed packet masking 1 seed packet MD2014

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally I arranged the elements how I wanted them on the ‘pop up’ section of the easel and attached them with roll on glue. I decided there was too much brown in the card so I added three green Liquid pearl drops & they smudged (so this is not one of my best cards!! I’m so gutted it was ruined at the last step…)

Mother's Day 2014 Final

Advertisements